[geeks] Re: [SunRescue] ADMINISTRIVIA: New list policies on "for sale" ads

David Cantrell geeks at sunhelp.org
Mon Apr 23 17:01:19 CDT 2001

On Mon, Apr 23, 2001 at 06:10:33PM -0400, Greg A. Woods wrote:

> On Sunday, April 22, 2001 at 19:37:04 (-0500), Bill Bradford wrote:
>
> >     Please direct all
> > email traffic regarding your item for sale, to private email
> > between you and the interested parties.
>
> this would be a lot easier to do if the MLM software didn't over-write
> the reply-to header with its own.  It should only ever add such a header
> if there is none (or, as some would argue, never add such a header! :-).

Oooh! Oooh! A holy war!

[gets out deckchair, pours long drink, watches the missiles fly by]

Another list I'm on is actually two lists.  listname at server has reply-to
munging, and listname-pure at server doesn't.  All posts to both lists go
to both lists, but if you don't want munging, you don't get it.  Works
very well.  They use mailman too, so Bill, if it's not immediately
obvious how to do it let me know, and I'll put you in touch with the
list owner there.

--
David Cantrell | root at alphacomplex.org | http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david/

       Rip, Mix, Burn, unless you're using our latest and greatest
         operating system which we couldn't be arsed to complete