[geeks] Re: geeks digest, Vol 1 #64 - 14 msgs

Kris Kirby geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu Apr 19 23:09:24 CDT 2001

On Thu, 19 Apr 2001, Kevin P. Inscoe wrote:

[ Insert question on Sun NEBS compliance ]

> Yes many are. In fact we use them at the CLEC (well I used to work for).
> Mainly the UE420/220 and Netra lines are NEBS compliant which for those
> that do not know means 48VDC power. I know the 4500 are not but maybe
> the new 4800's are not sure.

Saw a pair of Netras at a local CLEC. I have a vauge concept of what NEBS
compliance is; could you provide a link to NEBS in a Nutshell? :) I recall
that it involves stress testing the hardware to a very high series of
limits.

-----
<kris at nospam.catonic.net>   |