[geeks] Help!

Bill Bradford geeks at sunhelp.org
Wed Apr 18 22:25:31 CDT 2001

Can someone point me to a good, *NON-LINUX-HOWTO* page that
explains what IP masquerading is, what its used for, and
advantages?  I'm trying to explain this to my client that
needs a VPN / CIFS server / firewall setup (I'm going to use a PPro180
Linux box, dual network cards, PoPToP, IPFW, and Samba),
but he's having a hard time grasping the concept of putting
all his machines on a private network behind the server.

If I can find a web page (so far all I can find is Linux IPMASQ
howtos) with diagrams, etc, that would be helpful.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net