[geeks] I am a truly sad individual <theoretically humorous, but true>

Bill Bradford geeks at sunhelp.org
Fri Apr 13 10:30:19 CDT 2001

On Fri, Apr 13, 2001 at 12:06:15AM -0700, Chris Byrne wrote:
> Since 1993
> The longest I have gone without checking my email is five days
> The longest I have gone without sleep is also five days
> The longest I have gone without food is six days (being homeless and broke
> for two months really sucks)
> The longest I have gone without internet access of any kind is about a week,
> maybe ten days
> The longest I have gone without a home/place to stay (unless my car counts)
> is eight weeks
> The longest I have gone without a car is six months

Whats the longest period of time you've gone without feeling the need to
brag about yourself to others?  You forgot to list that.

> The longest I have gone without sex is two years

We REALLY wanted to know this.  In fact, let me write it down!

> I had a girlfriend kill herself and blame me.

Ouch.

> That kind of put me off
> relationships for a while.

Do you yak on and on incessantly in real life too?  I totally fail to see
the point of this email..

> The longest I've gone involuntarily since 1991 is
> maybe three months)

Again, we really wanted to know that.  Since you really like to talk about
yourself, while you're at it, why dont you just whip it out and give us
measurements as well, to make it complete?

> Clearly e-mail and the internet are more important to me than food, sleep, a
> home, a car, or sex.

:s/e-mail and the internet are/hearing myself blab on and on is/

> Of course I take solace in the fact that I didn't check my email every few
> minutes on my honeymoon

Since you get SO MANY emails a day, surely you can understand the necessity
to check email once or twice a day while away from home, simply to sort and
filter stuff so that you can catch up with it after being away for a week.

If you want I can setup chrisbyrne-list at sunhelp.org and you can brag on and
on and give even more personal details to those who care, and spare the rest
of us...

Bill (grumpy morning bastard v2.0, now with 30% more grouchyness)

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net
Austin, TX