[geeks] Lunchtime poll... who here is a smoker?

Peter L. Wargo geeks at sunhelp.org
Wed Apr 11 17:09:58 CDT 2001

On Wed, 11 Apr 2001, Bill Bradford wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 11, 2001 at 02:58:32PM -0700, Peter L. Wargo wrote:
> > Well, at the time, we lived in NY, and our Dr. refused to perscribe BC
> > pills to Chandra unless she quit smoking, something about too much of a
> > risk.  So, we had to choose: Cigs or sex?
> > Took us a week. :-)
>
> An entire week? 8-)

You have to understand, the two are somewhat tied together... One follows
the other, hopefully I do *not* have to explain the order...

Sad thing is, Chan's dad was dying of emphysema at the time, due to
smoking.  You think that would've motivated us to quit.  Nope.  Took the
threat to our sex life.  Go Figgure.  (Of course, 4 years later I got the
old transmission lines cut, but by then we didn't want to start again.)

-pete