[geeks] Lunchtime poll... who here is a smoker?

John Duksta geeks at sunhelp.org
Wed Apr 11 15:17:35 CDT 2001

At 12:18 PM 4/11/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>On Wed, Apr 11, 2001 at 10:08:01AM -0700, Peter L. Wargo wrote:
> > > For today's lunchtime poll (everyone remember 'Heathers'?)
> > > I'd like to know who here on the list is a smoker.
> > Used to be, quit 10 years ago this may 1st.
> > -P
>
>Secondhand smoke count?  I dont, she does...
>
>Bill (*grumble* almost $30/carton now. *grunble*)

Bill, I'd kill for $30/carton... Up here in Taxachusetts, we're
paying $40-42/carton. And to top it off, *both* Andrea and I smoke
about a pack a day.

I did the www.esmokes.com order once. Ordered a months supply for
us which came to 9 cartons. That was kinda funny... 9 cartons of
smokes on top of the fridge.

So here's the tally: 4 cigarette smokers, 4 cigar smokers,
and 1 pipe smoker. Results do total more than 100% of replies
as some respondants (Tim) smoke more than one kind of tobacco
product. (Damn, do I sound like a pollster or what?)

I keep threatening to quit, especially when I hit the big milestones:
like the summer I was 28, I had been smoking for half my life. Now
I'm 31 and I'm still at it... Real Soon Now is what I keep saying.

For Ken, and anyone else who didn't get the Heathers reference,
you must run out to the video store tonight and rent it. It is
a hilarious black comedy starring Christian Slater and Wynona Ryder
circa 1989 http://us.imdb.com/Title?0097493

"A girl who half-heartedly tries to be part of the `in crowd` of her
  school meets a rebel who teaches her a more devious way to play
  social politics."

-john