[geeks] Messy desks.

Bill Bradford geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Apr 10 20:33:05 CDT 2001

On Tue, Apr 10, 2001 at 06:19:27PM -0700, Chris Byrne wrote:
> Funny, trhat looks like my wifes desk. The reason I moved my main computers
> into the bedroom was because my  wifes are of our office slowly took over
> the whole room. And since my wife is an artist, I not only have to worry
> about dozens of half drunk soda cans,  but containers of pain, varnish,
> thinner etc.. in various states of being. It's a hazardous environment let
> me tell you. Any my wife likes to spread out. Evey inch of desk r shelf
> space is covered, along with most of the floow minus a small area sround the
> dek (for her chair) the door (so it can close) and the tv (so she an watch
> MTV and wrestling)

Lets look at amy's picture again, from left to right.

Coke cans.
Domino's Pizza box.
Quilt.
Metal Spatula.
Glass saw (the round thing in the back)
Sheets of glass (8.5"x11", and sharp)
Notice the Chick-Fil-A cup.  Amy likes Chick-Fil-A.
 Notice that the lid is *open* - this means that the coke
 and ice have melted to an "unsatisfactory" condition, and
 the lid has been removed so as to function as an ash tray.

I've learned to CAREFULLY check all beverage containers before
drinking from them in this house.  Even if they're on MY desk -
sometimes amy will come in at 2 or 3am to use my system, spot my
half-empty Gatorade (32oz!) bottle, and go "oh! handy ashtray!".

Once she did this, I came in the next morning half awake.  "ahh,
gatorade."  You can imagine the rest.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford