[geeks] Looking for info on some UK companies

David Cantrell geeks at sunhelp.org
Fri Apr 6 07:48:02 CDT 2001

On Thu, Apr 05, 2001 at 11:53:40PM -0700, Chris Byrne wrote:

> One of the companies in Ireland that I'm looking at as a job prospect is a
> semi-startup being founded out of three UK companies, INSL, PXI net, and one
> other who's name I can't recall at the moment, all of them partially owned
> by a man named Brian McBride.

Didn't he used to be one of the head honchos of Dell in the UK/Ireland?

> Also I'm being considered for the CTO position, and I'm wondering what to
> ask for salary wise. I was thinking  something in the 85k range, plus 5% of
> the company.

Seems reasonable.  The salary would be on the high end, but not outrageous.
It's certainly a good basis for negotiation :-)

--
David Cantrell | root at alphacomplex.org | http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david/

    This is a signature.  There are many like it but this one is mine.

** I read encrypted mail first, so encrypt if your message is important **