[geeks] Ideas and beliefs

Earl Baugh geeks at sunhelp.org
Wed Apr 4 17:07:43 CDT 2001

> >>I honestly believe that Mother Teresa helped all the people she did, just
> >>for the sake of helping them, not because god told her to do it,
> >>or because she felt good about herself, or that she would get into
> heaven if she did.
> >>I'm fairly certain that even if it made her miserable, guaranteed
> >>she would go to hell, and god told her personally she shouldnt do it,
> she would,
> >>because she truly and honestly knew it was a thing that had to be done
> >>simply to benefit mankind and the universe.
>
>True, she was a high point on the light side.  She also was not too far up
>to not be able to see the balance.  That's what made her great.

I'd honestly have to disagree with both of you here.  If you ever read or
heard her talk, she did what she did because of her belief in Jesus.
 From what I've read by her, she did what she did because it was a
way to reflect the love she felt from Jesus, and felt it was what he was
directing her to do.  If she felt he was telling her not to do it, I don't
believe
she would have done it.   She didn't simply do it to benefit mankind, she
did it because she felt God call her to do it.  She didn't "feel a balance"
between good an evil....she felt a calling from God.

Earl

P.S. And yes, I don't believe in these "forces of nature" type of belief
systems. I think they continue to foster the misdirected belief that "no one
is accountable to anyone but themselves".  To me, that's a cop-out that way,
way too many people rely on now.  I also believe in an intelligent creator.
I believe in universal truths. And I strongly differentiate between being a
Christian
and "participating in organized religion".  They AREN'T the same thing, no
matter
who has told you they are....