Ahhh High School, was RE: [geeks] A favor concerning my dog

Chris Byrne geeks at sunhelp.org
Mon Apr 2 15:05:41 CDT 2001

I found a much better revenge than reunions.

When I was 19 years old, and making more than my teachers of 20 years, I
visited my old high school.

I went and had a great time reminiscing with the teachers I loved, and then
took out my pay check, pinned it to my chest like a name badge, and went and
visited the teachers I hated.

I admit it was chilidish, and petty, but man it felt good.

Thankfully I was neither unpopular not teased in high school. I didnt
havemany friends, but that was by choice since the ones I did have I still
do, and will for my entire life. Of course being able to beat up anyone in
the school helps there too. I had a kind of strange role in my school. I was
kind of like "the troubleshooter" guy. If you had a problem I was the guy
you came to see.

One interesting consequence of this is that while I wasn't active in the
social scene at my school, I did have lots of sex with lots of the girls
there, and even two of the younger teachers/teachers aides. Something about
a big strong man in their time of need etc... etc... It's very interesting
to see just how instinctual and animal brained human beings can be.

I didn't hate high school because of the kids, or because of the teasing, or
any of the other reasons most geeks give. I hated high school because it was
an institution dedicated to crushing my intelligence and individuality into
the same mold as all the other automatons who memorized their textbooks and
lecture notes. I got out as soon as possible by testing out as a junior and
heading straight on to college.

Chris Byrne