[geeks] Ethics v. ghosts in the closet

Jonathan Katz geeks at sunhelp.org
Mon Apr 2 14:38:23 CDT 2001

--- Reagen Ward <ward at zilla.nu> wrote:
> it's a web-based poll, I imagine there's a LOT of that going around.

Yes... a friend in LA e-mailed me about how the daughter of a friend of
his was in a web-based poll for a free honeymoon-- she was donning
nothing but a skimpy bikini (as were the other 3 contestants.) I
e-mailed it to three or four other people who were bored. She won by a
landslide (2000 vote difference between her and the other candidates.)
I didn't even get a postcard :( [ we did get a thank-u email from my
friend's-friend, which I forwarded on, too. ]

> I refused to attend my two reunions.

I'm planning it just as an excuse to start conversations with cute
girls I haven't seen in 5 years :) Seriously, it's depressing seeing
the number of people who've already gotten married, are living in sin
(tee-hee!), or have even spawned (especially out of a class of ~160.)

-Jon